Wednesday 4 May 2016

Hello My Friend - Couture Creations


#couturecreationsaus #ultimatecrafts


Thanks for joining us at Couture Creations HQ. 

Tracey R here with you and I'm  very excited to be bringing you a DIY embellishment 
& card tutorial. Today I'm going to show you how to get more out of your clear stamps 
and add some dimension to any project.
These layered butterflies are super easy to construct, and cost next to nothing to make!  
What's not to love about that!

And they also make a gorgeous embellishment on a card or scrapbook layout,
 Let's get crafting! 
So, what supplies will you need?
Patterned paper - 1 larger piece to fit your card front and some scraps for the butterflies, double sided tape, 3D Foam Spots, 2mm gemstones, Non-stick scissors, 
tweezers, stamps and some ink. 
 Have you seen the 4x6 inch Magnolia Lane stamp sets?  There are 3 different designs, each with coordinating designs that match the collection so well.  I've used the 2 sets below, with the butterfly and script postcard (which is my single favourite stamp from this collection. 
I've stamped the butterfly in brown ink on a scrap of kraft coloured cardstock.  I've cut each image separately and  stamped the script postcard stamp on the back of each butterfly.  Using the butterfly as my template,  I've cut around the image.  I'm actually going to use the BACK with the script on it.  Pretty tricky using the butterfly as your cut line hey! 
 Using a partly used piece of 6x6 paper, I've stamped 4 butterflies on the FRONT of the script paper.  I'm going to cut these with the stamped image on the front.  I've cut a strip off the paper and turned it over and stamped on the BACK of the paper.  I'm going to use these stamps as my cut lines again and then turn them over so I have a plain butterfly shape (so the stamped image will be on the back like the kraft ones). 
So after I've fussy cut all my butterflies I have 3 piles.  Left to right - stamped image butterflies,  pattered paper butterflies and kraft script butterflies. 
  To construct the butterfly layers, I've placed a small piece of double sided tape in the middle of each layer. I've placed the patterned paper butterfly on the bottom, followed by the kraft script butterfly, finishing with the stamped image butterfly.  
In the middle of each butterfly I've added a 2mm crystal gemstone
 Shape/curl each layer to give it the butterfly some dimension.
 On the back of each butterfly I've placed a 3D foam spot
I've cut down a piece of 12x12 paper to fit my card and inked and distressed the edges before attaching with doubled sided tape. I've then added a sentiment before adding the butterflies. 
And that's the card and butterflies done. 
 
Be sure to check the Couture Creations Blog to be inspired 
by the amazing ladies on the Design Team. 
You can also follow Couture Creations on
FacebookPinterestInstagram and Twitter.


Products Used



No comments:

Post a Comment